Nazareth Independent School District
Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan
July 20, 2021
Reviewed January 19, 2022 [no changes]
Reviewed July 13, 2022 [only updated dates]
Reviewed January 11, 2023 [added to Continuity of Services ]
Nazareth ISD will be applying for CRRSA, ESSER II and ARP, ESSER III funding. The purpose of ESSER II is to prevent, prepare for or respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. The purpose of ESSER III is to help safely reopen and sustain the safe operation of schools and address the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on students. The plan that follows is a draft intended to outline Nazareth ISDs planned safety measures for the 2022-2023 school year while continuing to provide an excellent educational experience.
Maintaining Health and Safety:
To reduce the risk of transmission Nazareth ISD plans the following mitigation strategies for the 2022-2023 school year includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Touchless water fountains with bottle fillers
- Optional wearing of masks
- The use of assigned seating when appropriate
- Proper handwashing encouraged
- Hand sanitizer available
- Targeted cleaning as appropriate
- Improving ventilation
- Positive cases will be reported to the local health department
- A student who presents symptoms at school will be isolated until a parent can be contacted to pick u the student
- Contact tracing will be conducted as applicable, and parents will be made aware of positive cases in their child's class(es)
- Staff and students who test positive and/or are actively sick with COVID-19 will be excluded from campus to quarantine for 10 days
- Area/local vaccination sites and/or providers available on our website
- Appropriate accommodations for students with disabilities as identified in the student’s Individualized Education Program
- Using diagnostic rapid testing when appropriate
Ensuring Continuity of Services:
Nazareth ISD will continue to take appropriate actions to ensure continuity of services to students. These actions will focus on addressing students' academic, social, emotional, and mental health needs. Proposed plans to provide a continuity of services includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Technology updates
- Instructional materials/resources, activities, and outreach to meet the needs of students
- Social and emotional/counseling, wellness supports to students and professional development (training) to staff
- Professional Development for Educators
- Summer School
- Tutorials to accelerate learning
- Professional Application subscription to recruit/attract quality applicants for openings
See the NISD Use of ESSER III Funds Plan for further details.
Opportunity for Public Comment:
During the development of the plan, student data informed input from staff throughout the district. Needs were prioritized based on wellness and instructional continuity. Staff, student, parent, and community surveys were opened for input from July 5, 2021, through July 13, 2021. The survey input and a draft of this plan was presented for public comment through the Board of Trustees Meeting held on Wednesday, July 14, 2021, and priorities were set from that input. The plan was then finalized and presented to the Nazareth SBDM on Tuesday, July 20, 2021. The Plan was posted prior to application submission. The plan was reviewed with an opportunity to for public comment on Wednesday, July 13, 2022.
Periodic Review and Revision of the Plan:
During the period in which ESSER IIII funds are available, Nazareth ISD will review and revise the plan at least every six months. These revisions will rely on staff, student, parent and community feedback, as well as updated guidance from the Texas Education Agency.
For the Public:
Nazareth ISD has taken the following steps to ensure availability of the plan to families and the community:
- A draft of this plan was presented for public comment on Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 7:30 pm in conjuction with the regular board of education meeting
- This plan was reviewed on January 19, 2022 and no changes were made.
- This plan was reviewed and presented for public comment on Wednesday, July 13, 2022 and only dates were updated.
- This draft plan is posted on the NISD website (nazarethisd.net)
- This plan is available in Spanish (using Google Translate) through this link: Spanish version or see link below
- This plan may be translated orally by request. Please contact Kristie Vickers to request a translation at email@example.com or 806-945-2231.
- A parent who is an individual with a disability as defined by the ADA may request the plan in an alternative format. Please contact Keely Williams to make such a request at firstname.lastname@example.org or 806-945-2231.